Opening hours November (until 28.11)
Monday- Friday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Attractions at Knies Children's Zoo
Pony rides 10:00 - 17:00
With a magnificent view of the upper Lake Zurich. Maximum load 30 kg.
Rösslitram 10:30 - 17:00
Tired? Our strong horses will take you for a ride on the Rösslitram.
Elephant bath - as the mood takes you
What does an elephant need its trunk for? Exactly! To shower: himself and you!
Elephant rides: 10:30-11:00 | 13:30-14:00 | 15:30-16:00
Our elephants may be big, but they're easy to ride.
Camel rides: 9:45 - 10:15 | 14:45 - 15:15 | 16:45 - 17:15
Caravan ride on our two-humped desert ships. For children from 6 years.
- Number of animal species and breeds: 45
- Number of animals: 420
- Species threatened with extinction: Asian elephant, Rothschild giraffe
- Tallest animal: Rothschild giraffe, 4 - 6 metres
- Smallest animal: Eurasian dwarf mouse
- Heaviest animal: Asian elephant bull 'Thisiam', 6800 kg
- Lightest animal: Eurasian dwarf mouse, around 5 - 7 grams
- Self-service restaurant directly at the zoo entrance
- Seats 70
- Sheltered outdoor area for approx. 250 guests
- Two spacious terraces (40 seats each) directly at the Flamingo Pond
Winter Garden Restaurant
- Open, bright conservatory in the centre of the zoo
- Seating capacity of approx. 120
- Covered outdoor area (200 seats)
From Monday 31 May 2021, the entire Himmapan Lodge will be open for business as follows:
- Monday: open on public holidays and school holidays 11:30am - 2pm, otherwise closed.
- Tuesday to Sunday: 11:30am - 2pm (Thai Market Style Lunch, self-service).
Opening hours Thisiam Lounge:
- Monday: closed
- Wednesday to Saturday: from 6:30 pm, à la carte
- Sunday: from 6 p.m., Lazy Sunday Thai Market Style Buffet
Tuesday to Saturday: from 5pm
Tel. 055 220 67 50