NEW: Children's zoo breakfast
Why not spend a Sunday morning with your family with a magnificent view of the upper Lake Zurich? From 13 June 2021 you will have the opportunity to do so: Every Sunday from 8.30 to 10.30 a.m. we offer our small and big guests a rich "Zmorge-Buffet" in our Himmapan Lodge.
The package for breakfast, zoo admission and a one-time ride/drive costs CHF 50.00 for adults, CHF 25.00 for children; you can order conveniently online at Skip
We will welcome you at the main entrance of the Children's Zoo from 08.15 - we look forward to seeing you!
For further information, please call 055 220 67 60 or visit www.knieskinderzoo.ch
Information about the breakfast offer:
Included in the offer:
- Admission to the Children's Zoo
- Unique horse-drawn tram, pony, elephant or camel rides
Time: 08:30-10:30 a.m.
Entrance: Via children's zoo entrance
Access control by MA cash desk (show the qr-code ticket at the entrance)
Sunday breakfast will be held at Himmapan Lodge.
- Bread, pancakes, croissants
- Butter, jam, honey, Nutella
- Yoghurt, Birchermüesli, cereals
- Fruit salad, fruit platter, fruit compote
- Meat platter with sausages, cold cuts
- Cheese platter, smoked salmon
- Scrambled eggs with bacon, sausages, fried eggs, boiled eggs
- Coffee, tea, cold & warm milk, chocolate
- Fruit juices, mineral water
Wheelchair users: 055 2206760
Parking spaces are available.
Further information and opening hours at www.knieskinderzoo.ch
Attractions at Knies Children's Zoo
Pony rides 10:00 - 17:00
With a magnificent view of the upper Lake Zurich. Maximum load 30 kg.
Rösslitram 10:30 - 17:00
Tired? Our strong horses will take you for a ride on the Rösslitram.
Elephant bath - as the mood takes you
What does an elephant need its trunk for? Exactly! To shower: himself and you!
Elephant rides: 10:30-11:00 | 13:30-14:00 | 15:30-16:00
Our elephants may be big, but they're easy to ride.
Camel rides: 9:45 - 10:15 | 14:45 - 15:15 | 16:45 - 17:15
Caravan ride on our two-humped desert ships. For children from 6 years.
- Number of animal species and breeds: 45
- Number of animals: 420
- Species threatened with extinction: Asian elephant, Rothschild giraffe
- Tallest animal: Rothschild giraffe, 4 - 6 metres
- Smallest animal: Eurasian dwarf mouse
- Heaviest animal: Asian elephant bull 'Thisiam', 6800 kg
- Lightest animal: Eurasian dwarf mouse, around 5 - 7 grams
- Self-service restaurant directly at the zoo entrance
- Seats 70
- Sheltered outdoor area for approx. 250 guests
- Two spacious terraces (40 seats each) directly at the Flamingo Pond
Winter Garden Restaurant
- Open, bright conservatory in the centre of the zoo
- Seating capacity of approx. 120
- Covered outdoor area (200 seats)
From Monday 31 May 2021, the entire Himmapan Lodge will be open for business as follows:
- Monday: open on public holidays and school holidays 11:30am - 2pm, otherwise closed.
- Tuesday to Sunday: 11:30am - 2pm (Thai Market Style Lunch, self-service).
Opening hours Thisiam Lounge:
- Monday: closed
- Wednesday to Saturday: from 6:30 pm, à la carte
- Sunday: from 6 p.m., Lazy Sunday Thai Market Style Buffet
Tuesday to Saturday: from 5pm
Tel. 055 220 67 50